Managing your data
In this new era of technology and interconnectedness business and government are expected to:
- collect enormous amounts of data
- use this data responsibly or at least securely
- gain accurate and reliable insights
There are an increasing number of tools that allow us to visualise and access this data more easily, but the above points must always be considered when providing this capability to analysts, managers and/or the public.
Data will always reside across disparate data sources and in ever increasing quantities. The types of data is changing from structured, unstructured, images, voice, Internet of Things.
This increasing quagmire of data coming from a myriad of systems with all very specific purposes, an organisation requires:
- an overarching data governance framework
- integration capabilities
- for business insights and predictive capabilities conformed and time series data structures and data collection
- oversight of data quality and/or cleansing
The technologies available to organisations has also shifted to facilitate how these large quantities of data are stored and captured.
It is important to contact a trusted technical partner to understand what solutions will meet your short and long term capabilities and needs.